Monday, November 18, 2013

You could've chosen anyone but you chose me

So many people I've let tiptoe through my poems
let them spend the night in those words I've written for them
and numerous times I've sworn hand on my chest
that they were the most worthy creatures to lock behind the curly bars of my handwriting

the thing is

For all those times I've feared that was really it;
that my love was something you could release with a simple gesture
or by a human mistake
of  leaving the gate open and it would run off like a wild animal
desperate for fresh prey

You let my heart run free
but before I got even halfway
I realized I've never felt as safe as locked up under your sheets at night
and that no one has ever been so worthy of my words than you

because there's nothing more lyrical and poetic
than the madness you have driven me into
where diving from a cliff feels safer than falling asleep to the sweet memory of crashing waves


No comments:

Post a Comment